Search This Blog

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Day 27 Bourg St Pierre, Switzerland to Porto, Portugal

From Bourg St Pierre, Switzerland to Porto, Portugal

Date10/13/19
Bus/ Trains: $70
Plane: $250

07:15 Left Bourg St Pierre on time by bus. So odd again to be watching from a bus as I traverse my hike in reverse.
The thing I notice the most is how the road only does one thing in this mountain valley. It goes down, down and descends some more.
And I am reliving the incessant climb, climb and never ending ascents of the past three days.

07:45 In Orsiéres in order to transfer to my first of three trains of the morning. All I can say is on the bus ride down, I was overwhelmed by the descent. And I am stunned once again that I made those climbs over the past 3 days.

08:00 Arrived Sembrancher. Easy transfer to my second train of the trip to Geneva airport.

08:20 On the IR90 train to Geneva airport.
- left the Rhône valley's green fields and bordering mountains behind
- rolling along Lake Geneva's expansive, blue waters
- third time thru Lausanne, where my Switzerland experience began

10:10 Arrive Geneva airport.

11:30 Since I'm flying business class, I'm now in the Swiss air lounge. Free beer. ... And free food.

12:45 And my seat assignment is 1F. Am I in the first row? I'm liking this business class.
- fell asleep on the train and fell asleep hard in the airport. Could this be the body telling me that I've done way too much over the past 10 days?

13:40 Depart Geneva.

I'm in premium class. First one on the airplane. Loving it!

The first class bathrooms are twice the size of coach.

I took a nap. They served drinks and snacks. As soon as I woke up, one of the flight attendants came right over to get me my drink and snacks.

My luggage was marked priority so it was the first one on the carousel.

I may never fly coach again.

15:30 arrive Porto. Took metro light rail to Porto.

16:30 Arrive Albergue de Peregrinos do Porto

Notable memories

Raining like a son of a gun in Porto.


No comments:

Post a Comment