Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Day 07 Dublin to Ferrol

From Dublin to Ferrol, Spain


Transportation:
     Aer Lingus @ 275 eu
     Busses @ 30 eu
     Taxi @ 20eu
Hostel/Albergue: La Frontera @ 35 eu

Notable memories

Amazingly I slept for 11 hours for my last night in Dublin. I was in bed at 9:00 p.m. and did not awake until 8:00 a.m.

I have come to realize that hiking Ireland is at least twice as physically exhausting as in Spain. The Camino trails, well not what one would call maintained trails, are still in much better condition than many of the trails I had to walk here.

It took a physical toll over the four days that I was here.

Leaving Dublin


Sitting in Dublin airport, waiting for my flight to Santiago. Struck up a conversation with a Irish woman. She had a backpack on. So I asked her if she was walking the Camino. She was doing her first Camino.

Ferrol

Well, I can say that the transportation went quite well today. Everything fell into place. I arrived at Ferrol at about 8:00 p.m. which was pretty good.

After a hot shower  and washing some clothes, I got out for a nice walk. I headed down to the pier, where I found the start point for the Camino. I traced out a few of the directions just to get a good sense. And I'm ready for tomorrow.

After stopping at a bar for tapas and a beer, I found a nice place for some cheesecake and a cafe con leche. I suppose these are all things I need just before I go to bed. Lol

We'll see how things go tomorrow. Two things could affect my plans. One of course is the weather. The afternoon looks pretty good. And the second is my general feeling. I'm looking forward to a short day, in order to rest a little bit more. But I may decide to just go to the distance. it's a difference between doing 9 miles and 18 miles.

Dublin


The Spire of Dublin, alternatively titled the Monument of Light is a large, stainless steel, pin-like monument 120 metres (390 ft) in height, located on the site of the former Nelson's Pillar on O'Connell Street in DublinIreland.

Leaving Dublin, in the rain 

Ferrol

Hostel La Frontera

Ferrol, Spain (around 10:00 pm)


Down in the Port area, looking for the start of the Camino Ingles. Kinda looks like one of those invading machines from 'War of the Worlds'.





I came across these ghosts. ... In reality, they were folded up rain umbrellas. You may need to have an active imagination.

Constitution plaza

No comments:

Post a Comment