Search This Blog

Sunday, September 22, 2019

Day 05 Castlegregory to Dublin

From Castlegregory to Dublin

Transportation: busses @ 30 eu
Hostel/Albergue: 150 eu in Aspect Hotel Dublin Park West

Notable memories

Today was a decision point.

When I woke up, the weather had taken a dramatic turn for the worse.

Yesterday had been sunny and blue with clear skies. Today the morning brought nothing but grey clouds, and some rather heavy doses of rain. And the weather forecast looked pretty much miserable all day plus tomorrow.

So as I was eating breakfast, looking out at the bay through occasional downpours, I had to do an assessment. How badly did I want to walk today and tomorrow?

And the truth be told, not in this weather. I just wasn't up to get soaked. I had already walked along beautiful beaches, and I had crossed two mountains. I didn't see that I had anything to prove to myself by one more beach and one more mountain.

Michael, the proprietor of the b&b, agreed with my decision. He kindly gave me a ride to the neighboring town of Camp.

While I was waiting there at the bus stop, I had a nice little conversation with a senior citizen. We didn't talk about anything important, but we talked a little bit about hiking, and he talked a little bit about being a long time resident. Nothing that would shake the world, but it was nice conversation.

I did go back and forth on the decision to pull the plug on my Ireland hike, but it was the right decision in the end.

I had already made reservations for the plane flight to Spain on Monday. So I could have hiked two more days, but ended up deciding to take those days visiting Dublin instead.

 The weather over Camp





St Mary's Church in Camp



 The town of Tralee

Very picturesque


Kerry Camino

The motivation that brought me to Ireland.


St James Church, Tralee






No comments:

Post a Comment