Search This Blog

Friday, September 20, 2019

Day 04 Castlegregory to Brandon

From Castlegregory to Brandon

Today's Distance: 9 miles / 14 km
MapMyHikeRelive
Total This Camino: 52 miles.
Total All Caminos: 1187 miles
Hostel/Albergue: Beenoskee b & b @ 60 eu

Notable memories


Well I really need a rest day, so I took one. What do you do on a rest day? Well, you go for a 9 mile hike so I walked back to Brandon this morning, enjoying the time along the beach. 

Once in Brandon I stopped in Murphy's pub and had myself a glass of Guinness and just enjoyed a beautiful afternoon along the bay. The ocean lies just a little further out and is plainly visible. There was a strong breeze and it was quite relaxing to just sit on the Pier wall.

I had chance to chat with a couple of characters who were out in the bay fishing. We talked about the strong breeze and how it made it difficult for them. I kidded them that I was getting ready to call emergency services.

I also talked with a couple from Georgia who is spending a month touring Ireland.

From here I will hike to Camp and spend the night. Once in Camp I have the option to take the bus back to Tralee. Many people do this. I will see what I do. I am thinking to finish by reversing the hike and going from Camp back to Tralee on foot as a sort of memory from last year.  I would like to do the Slieve Mish mountains bypass once more. 

If that looks problematic for any reason, I can just take the bus back from Camp to Tralee. One big looming problem is the weather. There's an 80% chance of rain tomorrow. There's a 50% chance of showers on Sunday.

Regardless, once back in Tralee, I have completed the Dingle way. And it will be on to Spain.

This area is surrounded by mountains and coast.

Mount Brandon

St. Brendan's church in Cloghane

Brandon Pier

It's a rest day. I'm entitled to a Guinness.

Lots of bling. Medical alert bracelet, special friend's bracelet, my Camino bracelet.


No comments:

Post a Comment