Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Day 02: From Dunquin to Feohanagh

 From Dunquin to Feohanagh

Today's Distance: 13 miles / 22 km
MapMyHikeRelive
Total This Camino: 28 miles.
Total All Caminos: 1163 miles
Hostel/Albergue: Old Pier b&b @ 90 eu
Transport Taxi: 30 eu

Video: Dunquin to Feohanagh

Notable memories

Purpose out here

One of the things today that I thought about while I was walking is that I'm kind of just going through the motions. I realise that it's only day 2, but in past caminos, I had some driving purpose. This time it seems I'm just hiking.

I suppose that perfectly fine. It just seems different to be walking ... and only walking. On other caminos, I was exorcising some ghost or dealing with some issue, but here there doesn't seem to be anything to chase away. Perhaps I've found someone who helps make life worth enjoying. If that is what is underlying my feelings out here, then that is a big change in my life.

Let's see what I'm feeling when I return to Spain and the camino de Santiago.

People I've run across

Maybe it's a European Union thing, but a not insignificant number of the people that are working here in Ireland, are not Irish. For example, the hostel assistant was Dutch. My cab driver tonight is English. My server at dinner is French.

Tonight's dinner

Given that tomorrow is a 15 mi hike with a 1,800 to 2,000 ft climb, I'm loading up on carbs tonight. Shrimp scampi, deep fried, with french fries and a salad. I figure I'm burning hell of a lot of calories tomorrow.

Lodging

Finally found a hostel. Sent off a reservation request, and got a response back. Full up.
So after dinner, spent my time trying to find a place to sleep. I could have done the taxi back to Dingle thing again, but I'm just not up for it, especially since the overall costs don't justify the hassle.
Found another bed and breakfast at $100 for tomorrow night. Although I'm enjoying the Dingle Way, it is sure expensive once you get to the far side of the peninsula.

Today's photos


Starting the day walking between the mountains and the shoreline.





Lots of beautiful beach scenery along the coves and bays of Ireland's Wild Atlantic Way.










The sun is setting as I finish supper. Had a really good dinner of shrimp scampi, chips and a salad here. Just as good was the Coke with lemon, because I was so thirsty. Lol


No comments:

Post a Comment