Search This Blog

Saturday, September 28, 2019

Day 11 Betanzos to Presedo

From Betanzos to Presedo

Today's Date: 09/26/19
Today's Distance: 9 miles / 14 km
MapMyHikeRelive
Total This Camino: 94 miles.
Total All Caminos: 1229 miles
Hostel/Albergue: Municipal albergue @ 7 eu

Notable memories

Today was a decision day. I had two choices about places to stay.

I decided to get off the recommended route, which would have taken me to Hóspital de  Bruma, primarily to avoid crowds. Bruma is the meeting place for two different caminos.

By stopping short, and then carrying on tomorrow to another intermediate point (O Outiero) I hope to avoid the wave of Pilgrims.

It looks like Santiago is in 3 days, most likely Sunday, October 1st. Then I'd like to stay for the 2nd and see some sights. And on the 3rd of October, move on to my next stage, which is looking like the Via Fracigena for just under 2 weeks  in Switzerland.

I need to do a serious investigation of Switzerland now. It's time to make decisions.

My plan was to rest here in Presedo, but Antonio bought Jesus and I a bottle of wine, and that killed the plans. So after beer and wine, instead of resting, I returned to the hostel to lay down and close my eyes. Well, I guess that is a kind of resting!

Jesús and I had a long conversation, really exercising my Spanish. I feel good that I can carry conversations with people here.


Betanzos in the early morning

Guard cat


Morning drizzle

Took the alternate route, getting off the main road.

What a cutie!


Jesús (Albaceteño), Antonio (who bought us wine) and me

No comments:

Post a Comment