Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Day 15 Santiago de Campostela

Santiago de Compostela

Date: 09/30/19

8:30 am: cafe con leche, zumo de naraja ( orange juice ) and tostada. Whether hiking or relaxing, this is the way to start a day in Spain.

9:30 am: English mass at the office of Pilgrim Support. It was a beautiful service in which all the pilgrims got to tell their name, where they're from and what camino they walked. Many more people than I expected were there. The mass was friendly, open and inviting.

11:00 am: made reservation to Geneva, Switzerland. Confirmed bus stop and hours and cost to get to Santiago airport.

11:30 am: office of Pilgrim Support English language support group for some coffee, cookies and talk.

12:30 pm: tour the museum of the Cathedral of Santiago.

2:30 pm: huge lunch - menu del día, with wine

3:30 pm: booked lodging in Lausanne. Nap time.

4:30 pm: tour the Cathedral of Santiago Pórtico de Gloria. Inside it has an epic sculpture representation of the Second Coming from the 13th century.

6:00 pm: churros con chocolate at El Muelle. Then a walk through the new and old parts of Santiago.

8:00 pm: packing bags. One more walk and maybe a beer. Maybe I'll unexpectedly run into a Camino amigo.

Notable memories


I enjoyed this Camino. perhaps being part of retired, is not having the pressure of The external world has regards work and responsibilities in their life.

 Twice on this Camino I stopped early simply because I wanted to.

I could have completed this Camino in two fewer days.

But I chose to do otherwise. Without having to rush I could pay more attention to what was going around me, simply by slowing down.


Interesting cloud formation over Praza do Obrodoiro

Trying to figure out what this guy is doing there.

Cathedral of Santiago tour

The spires of the Cathedral in the midst of the internal reconstruction

Burial site of Juana, Queen of Castille, who died in 1387 at the cathedral.

The view from the top of the Cathedral museum

Praza do Obrodoiro ( Workers' Plaza )

Panorama from top floor of cathedral

Parque de Alameda

Evening walk






 Choir underneath the cathedral Bell tower




The Cathedral looks magical at night.

I like hanging out at this place.

Camino Amigo

I was just killing the rest of the evening by walking around some of the plazas and churches when all of a sudden, I get a message from a Camino amigo. Andres, who I originally met a day one of this Camino, had just arrived in Santiago, so with a quick arrangement we met up to have one more beer.


No comments:

Post a Comment