Search This Blog

Friday, October 4, 2019

Day 17: Ste Croix to Orbé

From  Ste Croix to Orbé

Date10/03/19
Today's Distance: 13 miles / 21 km
MapMyHikeRelive
Total This Camino: 142 miles.
Total All Caminos: 1257 miles
Hostel/Albergue: Hotel de Mosaiques @ 110$

My first day in the Jura Mountains

well, I thought I was in the Alps today. But I subsequently found out that I was in the Jura mountains. Well, although disappointed, it's not a big deal. Because a couple of days after I leave Lausanne, I will be climbing the Swiss Alps.

When shopping at 6:45 p.m. for some groceries. Everything was closed. ??? This sure isn't Spain.

Not pulling in any deep memories or issues. It may just be this is going to be a hike that's about hiking, and that's the limit of it. I think that's okay.

The body is starting to feel a little beat up. Got a knee issue going on with the left side. Not major but enough to slow me down.

Notable memories

Ste Croix

Small town in the Jura Mountains in the far west of Switzerland


I'm hiking the Jura Mountains.





Some of the trail markers



From the Jura to villages to forests to farms to vineyards





Couple of panoramas



No comments:

Post a Comment