Search This Blog

Saturday, October 5, 2019

Day 18: Orbé to Cossanay

From Orbé to Cossanay

Date10/04/19
Today's Distance: 18 miles / 29 km
MapMyHikeRelive
Total This Camino: 160 miles.
Total All Caminos: 1275 miles
Hostel/Albergue: Hótel le Funi @ 110$

The weather was probably the most important factor today. It was cloudy and threatened to rain all day.

There were occasional sprinkles, but the rain held off.

That did mean that I had to break out my cold weather gear. So I walked a lot of the day with a hat on, gloves and balaclava around the neck.

Notable memories

Yesterday I didn't meet any other pilgrims on the trail. Today started the same way.

Then sometime in the afternoon, I walked past a hiker at a shelter but he was on the phone so I didn't stop to say anything. Later I stopped into the town of La Sarraz to have coffee.

Just as I was finishing the coffee and was getting ready to go, that guy came along. We started talking, he's Dutch but speaks English, and then we started walking together.
His name is Antonio. We walked for probably five or six miles.

I had to stop to eat something from my pack. He pressed on.

I don't know the term for it, but I'll say he's a vagabond hiker. He prefers to sleep in the open, like in a shelter. He lives way more out of the backpack, than I do. Maybe someday I can try this kind of hiking, but even though the hotels are killing my wallet, I'm not ready to give up being inside a building at the end of the day.

Orbé River





Lots of Forest today


Romainmôtier

The village, which lies on the Nozon River, has about 450 inhabitants. The town has a notable Romanesque Church. 





La Venoge 

The river was turned into a channel.

Couple of guys I saw along the way



Cossonay

The steeple is a distinctive feature of the town.

Not a typical hiking bedroom.

What I'm having for dinner.

Church steeple

No comments:

Post a Comment