Search This Blog

Monday, October 7, 2019

Day 20 Lausanne to Vevey

From Lausanne to Vevey

Date10/06/19
Today's Distance: 17 miles / 27 km
MapMyHikeRelive
Total This Camino: 192 miles.
Total All Caminos: 1307 miles
Hostel/Albergue: Airbnb @ 110$


Notable memories

Had a collapse in terms of food. I just needed McDonald's so bad. To be accurate I needed salty McDonald's fries. While I was walking today, I realized I haven't been taking in salt. And that's an important chemical or mineral for the body. Especially when one sweats a lot.

Tomorrow will be halfway through my Switzerland hike. So far the terrain has not been challenging. I'm a little concerned when in 2 days I begin my climb into the Alps. I've been looking at those altitude profiles, and starting to think very seriously about what it means.

Read about my Camino Angel today in the pictures below.

Lake Geneva 



The guy on the left was my Camino Angel today. I was lost, because the trail disappeared on the beach. I was confused, and even though we couldn't communicate, he indicated that I should follow. I was, in fact, on the trail, but it literally disappeared when the breaker walls of the trail disappeared. At one point, I was holding on to a fence to keep from falling in the lake. At the end of his help, I used Google translate to say that was an interesting hike. He laughed and then we went our separate ways. He didn't have to help me. But he did.



Cully, Switzerland



When you're out hiking everyday, and that's all you do, it's easy to forget that the people around you are living their lives.



Me, vineyards, Lake Geneva and the Alps

St Saphorin






2 comments:

  1. Great photo by the lake. Glad to hear of your Camino angel experience, may you have many more. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete