Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Day 21 Vevey to Aigle

From Vevey to Aigle

Date10/07/19
Today's Distance: 17 miles / 27 km
MapMyHikeRelive
Total This Camino: 209 miles.
Total All Caminos: 1324 miles
Hostel/Albergue: Bnb @ 60$

Hiking conditions

It was a hard walk today. Lots of pavement. Mainly because the first half stayed alongside Lake Geneva, where they have this concrete boardwalk essentially along the entire coast. It was a beautiful walk with amazing vistas of Lake Geneva, lined with art and gorgeous plantings.

Weather

Weather was good though. It was partly sunny today. That picked up my morale as I walked along. The last two days have been partly cloudy.

Now you may ask, what's the difference between partly cloudy and partly sunny, since both definitions involve the appearance of clouds and sun.

When it's partly cloudy, it's a little sad. When it's partly sunny, I'm a lot more happy. Lol

Stages

Five stages done and five stages to go. Hard to believe I'm halfway through Switzerland already. It is just under a week though. When it's all done, I will have been hiking here 10 days.

Notable memories

Camino Angel

I don't have a picture of her, but as I was walking through one of the towns and I don't remember which one, I passed an older lady who said to me 'Bon voyage'. I didn't even register it until after a few more steps. I turned around to look at her. We pretty quickly got to talking about hiking and how she did parts of the Via Francigena several years ago. She told me that climbing the Great Saint Bernard pass, much as I was concerned of it, was doable. She did it at her age and she was older than me, she said. So I thanked her, because she gave me the encouragement that I needed to tackle that one last monstrous climb. Another Camino Angel.

Clarens detour

There was a detour on the boardwalk, so I had to change directions. but it was kind of fortunate because I took a side street and walked past some really pretty houses with verdant green yards. It gave me the feeling that I had when I was walking around New Orleans, and stumbled into the Garden District.

Following the Via Francigena, Route 70


The Lovers


Chateau de Chillon




Clarens, Switzerland




Rhône valley; foot of the Swiss alps



My bnb

Usually the bnb's have been in apartment buildings. This is a nice house on the outskirts of Aigle.


No comments:

Post a Comment